Thrive and Learn Together
Riverside Education Support Centre is a place where:
- All students have a genuine opportunity to develop their skills and potential through support, encouragement and the application of professional best practice;
- Respect, recognition and individuality are promoted and endorsed as fundamental human rights; and
- Student learning is a rigorous, robust, and accountable process.
Riverside ESC school relies on the local community, parents and families to partner with us in their children’s learning journey and encourages open communication. The values displayed in our community are also displayed in all their diversity at our school where your children learn and grow.
All of us therefore share a responsibility for providing a safe, supportive and productive environment, free from bullying, harassment, discrimination and violence. Parents and carers, and other visitors to our school, support safety by ensuring communication and conduct at school and school activities is respectful. We all have the right to feel safe and be safe at school.
In 2023, the Department of Education released Connect and Respect, a suite of resources to assist school communities in setting shared and respectful expectations to enable us to continue to work together in the best interests of our children. These include:
- Expectations - Our schools are committed to providing quality education to all students in a safe, inclusive and caring learning environment.
- Engagement - Together we make a difference.
- Parents and Carers are encouraged to visit these documents to assist their understanding of principles of operation relation to the management of behaviour and safety at our school and the Deparment of Education's commitment to Connect and Respect by Standing Together Against Violence.