Information from Department of Communities
The Department of Communities advises students with disability, their families and carers to contact the organisations listed if they need disability related support due to COVID-19:
- Families with students receiving services from a disability sector organisation should contact that organisation in the first instance.
- Families with students funded by the Department of Communities can call 6167 8000, freecall 1800 998 214 or contact their Department of Communities local coordinator.
- Families with students connected to the NDIS should call 1800 800 110 or contact their local area coordination (LAC) partner in the community.
More information is available on the Department of Communities website.
Advocacy support or assistance with individualised, self-directed supports and services is available from:
- Western Australia’s Individualised Services (WAIS)
- People with Disabilities WA
- Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre
- Developmental Disability WA
- Sussex Street Community Law Service.
For most agencies, you can call Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.