COVID-19 Update - Gates Open for Parents and Carers
As WA continues to demonstrate success with the management of COVID-19, the State Government has authorised a relaxing of certain restrictions from today, some of which apply to our school. We welcome the opportunity to reconnect face-to-face with parents and carers, while staying mindful that the virus is not eradicated but well managed. Sound health and hygience practices must continue.
Of particular interest is the growth in student confidence; they have been bravely saying goodbye to their guardians at the school gate and navigating their own way to class. This is quite an achievement and we celebrate and encourage this building of their self esteem and independence. That said, relaxed COVID rules mean that parents and carers are now able to accompany their child to the classroom door for drop-off and pick-up.
In addition to these changes, the relaxed rules include:
- The maximum number of parents/carers allowed on site at any one time is 100.
- No entry to classrooms for parents and carers.
- Parents are able to request parent and teacher interviews during school hours.
- Some excursions and incursions can resume.
- Contact sport can resume for PE and sport.
There is no change yet to canteen restrictions. The canteen will remain closed before school and open for recess and lunch.
A letter covering these points and more has been sent home to all families.