Parents Can Promote Protective Behaviours
'Protective Behaviours' is a life skills program for parents offered by Child and Parent Centre, Dudley Park, in partnership with Anglicare. It is designed to help parents teach and promote safety to their children. Although the course is not related to the Protective Behaviours priority learning program at Riverside ESC, parents may find much that connects the two.
Protective Behaviours program empowers children to:
- Assert their right to feel safe
- Identify trusted adults to talk to
- Recognise ‘signs’ their bodies give them when they may be unsafe
- Learn ‘body safety’ rules and safety strategies
- Learn the difference between safe and unsafe secrets
Date: Tuesday 5 March 2019
Time: 9.30am to 11.30am
Venue: Mandurah Primary School – Hackett Street, Mandurah
RSVP: Booking essential, please telephone 9537 5603 --- Flyer available here.
(Information supplied by Susan Murphy, Community School Health Nurse at Child and Adolescent Health Service.)